Despite the on-and-off gray skies, Seattle itself is much the opposite of gray! The city is full of life, fun experiences, and color–so we wanted to reflect that in our DUKW fleet! Last spring, we began painting our Ducks different colors. Check ’em out!
There are several more in the works, but now we need YOUR help! We thought it would be fun to take suggestions from our fans in the form of a contest to decide on a new paint job! All the information you need to enter this contest is outlined below. We can’t wait to see what creative ideas you all come up with!
Contest Begins Thursday, February 1st, 2018 at 11:00am PST
Entries Closed end of day Thursday, February 22nd, 2018 at 12:00pm PST
Winner Announced Friday, February 23rd, 2018
All entries entered for a chance to win a pair of tickets to Ride the Ducks of Seattle. We’ll be doing 5 drawings for a pair of tickets–that’s 5x the chance to win!
Winning entry gets 6 tickets for the inaugural ride on their freshly painted Duck (plus bragging rights–your design will be proudly paraded around the city on an iconic Seattle vehicle)!
• Decide on a Seattle-related theme, choose a solid color for the body of the Duck, and name the Duck accordingly. Be sure to read the specifics in the instructions below.
• We are accepting digital entries, as well entries sent by mail. See instructions below for details.
• Please keep all entries family-friendly. Entries received that do not abide by the instructions will not be included in the contest.
• Got great ideas? Multiple entries by the same person are welcome. However, you will only be entered in the drawing one time.
Mail Entry Instructions:
1. Click on the mailbox icon to open the PDF file for mailed-in entries. Print it out.
2. Write in your name, email and phone number so we can contact you if you win the contest.
3. Choose a color for the body of the Duck that is connected with a Seattle-related theme of your choice. Think: What are some of Seattle’s famous landmarks? What is Seattle known for? What’s your favorite Seattle neighborhood? What comes to mind when you think of Seattle? Color the body of the Duck with crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint—or the medium of your choice!
4. Come up with a name that relates to the color and theme of your Duck. Did you know that boats are typically named after women? Please include a woman’s name connected to your theme. Examples: Emerald City Emma and Lake Union Lucy. Write the name and theme you choose on the line provided.
5. Mail your entry to the following address:
RE: Design A Duck
516 Broad Street
Seattle, WA 98109
1. Click on the email icon to open the PNG file for online entries. Save the file to your computer. Then, open it in an editing program such as Paint or Photoshop.
2. Fill in your name, email and phone number so we can contact you if you win the contest.
3. Choose a color for the body of the Duck that is connected with a Seattle-related theme of your choice. Think: What are some of Seattle’s famous landmarks? What is Seattle known for? What’s your favorite Seattle neighborhood? What comes to mind when you think of Seattle? Use an editing program to color in the body of the Duck.
4. Come up with a name that relates to the color and theme of your Duck. Did you know that boats are typically named after women? Please include a woman’s name connected to your theme. Examples: Emerald City Emma and Lake Union Lucy. Include the name and theme you choose on the line provided.
5. Attach your file and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Design A Duck” in the subject line.
To enter the Design a Duck Contest you must complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found above on this contest page. Contest starts at time stated on contest page and closes on time stated on contest page. Multiple entries from the same person are permitted. There is one (1) grand prize (Design Selected and 6 Tickets on the Inaugural Ride) to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the contest period (2/1/18 – 2/22/18). There are five (5) secondary prizes (2 Tickets to Ride the Ducks of Seattle) that each qualified participant will be in the running for. Secondary prize winners will be randomly selected and exclude the grand prize winner. Entries received after 5pm on 2/22/18, either by mail or email, will not be qualified. After the contest closes, staff members at Ride the Ducks of Seattle will determine the grand prize winner. Grand prize winner and secondary winner will be announced on 2/23/18 at 12:00pm PST on Facebook AND will be notified by either phone or email by Ride the Ducks of Seattle. The date and time of the inaugural Duck tour will be dependent on availability of both the grand prize winner and Ride the Ducks of Seattle. The paint job is projected to be finished in April of 2018, but is subject to change. Entries deemed inappropriate will not be included in the contest. Entries MUST include contact information, a color for the Duck, and a name for the Duck in order to qualify. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.