Ride the Ducks is looking for qualified candidates to become Captains and Tour Guides.
- Do you have a passion for people?
- Do you think that Seattle is the best city on earth, and are proud to show it off?
- Do you want an office with a view without ever sitting at a desk?
If you answered “Yes!” to one or more of these questions, we want to meet you! Ride the Ducks of Seattle is currently seeking qualified individuals for the #1 Land & Water Tour in Seattle. We are hiring for two different positions: Tour Guides and Captains/Drivers.
- Have the ability to execute safe driving skills in all situations and conditions
- Possess excellent communication and people skills
- Possess self-motivation to improve, grow and exceed beyond normal expectations
- Be physically able and qualified to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Have the physical ability to bend, stoop, lift yourself into and out of the Duck, slide under a Duck vehicle during twice-daily inspections, and the ability to pull or lift 30 lbs. of weight if required
- Be at least 21 years of age in order to obtain a Class C Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement (extensive classroom and on the road training provided).
- If not currently holding a Merchant Mariner’s Masters License, boating experience and US citizenship will be required as a pre-requisite for obtaining the license issued by the United States Coast Guard. Boating experience must include 120 days of sea time over your lifetime, with 45 of those days occurring in the last three years. Boating experience can be gained aboard most watercrafts with an onboard engine over 16 feet, where you were assisting in the operation in some capacity. Not sure if you qualify? Ask us!Training will be provided to help Captain/Driver trainees obtain:
- A 25 ton Limited Local Merchant Mariner Credential
- A Class C Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement
- Certification in Adult First Aid and CPRThis position is safety-sensitive, requiring a pre-employment drug test and continued enrollment in a random drug / alcohol testing program. This is an hourly position. Full and part-time positions available.
Tour Guide Qualifications:
The ideal candidates are enthusiastic, outgoing, and engaging. The ability to think fast and adapt to Seattle’s ever-changing environment is a plus. Performance experience or speaking to large and diverse groups are handy, but not necessary. We’re seeking candidates with personality PLUS.
Our guests are every age, and come from every country in the world – and they’re here to see and learn about our great city with you to lead the way. Our tour covers a large part of the downtown historic and retail areas and sails on Lake Union.
In addition to being trained on how to present the tour, guides are classified as Deckhands, and will be trained in CPR/First Aid and will also receive training in the emergency features and drills required of a United State Coast Guard Inspected vessel.
While you won’t be operating a Duck vehicle, this position is safety-sensitive and requires a pre-employment drug test and continued enrollment in a random drug / alcohol testing program. Full and part-time positions available.
Ride the Ducks of Seattle is an EOE.
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.