You wouldn’t let your car look rubbish, would you? That’s why spending tons of money on auto detailing services has been a brilliant solution for most of us. Boats are no different from a car.
If you are used to dealing with extreme adventures via riding neither of them, it’s about time to think of how to preserve them for long-term use.
A faulty engine machine from your boat can lead to pressing accidents in the sea. Ships with a leaking hose can submerge in no time. Thus, investing in the best marine sanitation hose will eradicate the problems of the smelly and malfunctioning hydraulic system of your boat.
Trident Marine 101-1124
|+ Made of premium quality EPDM rubber|
|+ Designed with 60 PSI water pressure|
|+ Best for marine tank holding system|
|+ Maximum flexibility power|
|+ Extremely lightweight and chemical resistant|
|+ Ideal for holding tank pump out, potable water drainage,…|
|+ Made in Nautivac heavy-duty|
|+ Durable even in high and low temperatures.|
|+ FDA approved hose|
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Marine Sanitation Hose Reviews
- 1. Trident Marine 101-1124 Sanitation Hose
- 2. Sierra 116-105-1124 Sanitation Hose
- 3. Trident 1481126 Sanitation Hose
- 4. Sierra International Heavy Duty Hose
- 5. Shields 1 1/2 X 12 1/2 Sanitation Hose
- 6. Sierra International 116-149-1186 Livewell Hose
- 7. Shields 10997 -8109101 Boat Sanitation Hose
- 8. Raritan Saniflex Sanitation Hose
- 9. Trident Marine 102 – 1124 Sanitation Hose
- 10. Sierra 116 – 149 – 0346BX Livewell Hose
- Buyer’s Guide
- How to Bend Marine Sanitation Hose
- Care and Maintenance
Top 10 Marine Sanitation Hose Reviews
1. Trident Marine 101-1124 Sanitation Hose
Marine sanitation hoses are different from regular hoses as they were designed to be adaptable to carrying numerous liquid contaminants. That is why it is vital to look for a hose that does its job immaculately in sealing the tank of your boat damage-free. One example of this hose is Trident marine waste hose.
Many sanitation hoses are mostly made from white PVC material and according to research. On the other hand, EPDM-made hoses are proved to be more tolerable to odor permeation. Hence, you can expect the utmost protection from any sewage that might settle in.
Expect that you can conduct a lot of useful applications with this 1.5 marine sanitation hose. If you are frustrated with the unceasing smell of your bilge compartment, it’s about time to replace it with this full-time, reliable hose.
You can use this sanitation hose for tank filling, saltwater or freshwater storage for cooling up and optimizing your engine. It works smoothly with every thickness and splash of water bulging inside because the structure is backed up with a premium rubber filling inner tube that serves as a regulator of odorous elements spewing out the exhaust.
- Made of premium quality EPDM rubber
- Guarantees extreme protection against foul-smelling water wastes
- Best for marine tank holding system
- Designed with 60 PSI water pressure good for water disposal process
- Bending isn’t manageable because of the rigid structure.
2. Sierra 116-105-1124 Sanitation Hose
If you’re a new boater, choosing a flexable hose for boats can be daunting at times since you would never know first hand if the hose you decided to buy meets your requirements. Shields sanitation hose from Sierra surely will erase the worry lurking inside your mind.
This hose is known for its maximum flexibility. It is composed of versatile marine-grade components that make it strong in the different waves of stagnant sewage.
Its outer body cover is made of poly tubing or polyurethane tubing that gives off superior performance in a broad range of fluid, liquid particulates, and sewage bacteria found in the wastewater.
This hose is pretty much-loved by the battle-scarred fishermen of the sea. Its ultra-lightweight and robust construction is versatile in chemical compounds in saltwater. Hence it can deal with a lot of gradually changing conditions of the water.
Moreover, it can be used in a potable water tank, marine bilge, head intake, and holding tank pump-out. It is indeed a terrific sanitation hose that offers various water applications without compromising its exceptional quality service offshore.
It offers ultimate permeation resistance and elasticity. It is designed to solidify durability in every motion. However, I think that the weak points go to the lower level of defense in steam and air permeability.
- Maximum flexibility power
- Marine-grade sanitation hose that offers several water functions
- Built-in classic polyurethane material that offers excellent weather resistance
- Extremely lightweight and chemical resistant
- Ideal for holding tank pump out, potable water drainage, head and bilge
- Weak steam and air permeability
- Inferior protection to humid weather
3. Trident 1481126 Sanitation Hose
The hose features Nautivac heavy-duty, smooth white vinyl marine sanitary hose with reinforced PVC helix tube cover construction. It is notable for its groundbreaking flexibility exhibition through rugged conditions of fluid-operated engines inside the boat.
It can be bent up to above standard level if soaked in hot water. It can withstand maximum water temperature from – 12°C to 60 °C. Plus, it can resist corrosion from lead and copper pipes that are known to be susceptible the most with chemical reaction with fluid residues left in surfaces.
If you wonder how useful and valuable this hose is in draining your holding tank, I could say it gives a moderate amount of support in controlling the passage of water smoothly. But I don’t think it would wholly reduce frequent odor permeation. Hence, it is not applicable for potable water tanks despite being an FDA approved hose.
Everything seems to be pretty fair and extremely good in this hose, considering its low price range. After all the exciting tramp cards, this hose doesn’t have much protection against alcohol. It can pretty much hold out against occasional contacts, but prolonged exposure can make the hose stiff and rough.
- Made in Nautivac heavy-duty, smooth vinyl helix
- Bendable and even bends in the best radius under hot water
- Durable even in high and low temperatures.
- Anti-corrosion hose that is superb in holding tank drainage
- FDA approved hose
- Susceptible to odor permeation and can’t be used in potable water application
- It doesn’t have resistance in alcohol; can become stiff in long exposures.
4. Sierra International Heavy Duty Hose
If you’re dwelling with a lot of constant leakage issues in your current hose and your bilge compartment stinks like it’s your worst nightmare ever, it’s about time to replace it. Shields VAC Extra Heavy Duty hose lives by its name – it boasts an FDA grade white vinyl helix.
The previous brands I just reviewed contain the same principal properties, but what makes this model remarkable for boat maintenance? Well, it functions following the advertisement.
First off, it includes a familiar construction of PVC material. You can expect comfortable flexibility once installed. It also has a bend radius of 3”, which I think can suffice your bilge compartment.
A bilge pump’s size depends on the type of boat you have. A large hose won’t easily keep your bilge dry, so I guess this hose will seamlessly take care of it. Furthermore, the hose has superior odor resistance because it is designed to carry a broad range of fluids.
It is powered by non-toxic agents, making it long-wearing in chemical dispersal. This hose offers several general boat cleaning functions such as bilge pump intake, live well intake, holding tank discharges, drainage (sinks, shower, and scupper).
- FDA Grade smooth vinyl helix (PVC) construction
- Flexible and lightweight enough for fast and easy installation
- Has a bend radius of 3 inches, adjustable enough in bilge compartment
- It helps in keeping the bilge dry most of the time.
- Maximum resistance to odor permeation and chemicals
- Inferior resistance to ethylene glycol antifreeze solution
- Can’t flush off sewage matters, needs to be self-drained
5. Shields 1 1/2 X 12 1/2 Sanitation Hose
There are many options for sanitation hoses out there, and sometimes they can be overwhelming to look over. Fortunately, Shields Sanitation hose offers explicit features that will surely meet your strict requirements on your boat.
If you look closely at the construction, you will notice how compact and rigid the entire hose is. It is one of the record-breaking west marine sanitation hose that offers a lifetime warranty against odor permeation. If your battling with hose permeation for a long time, then the search is over for this high caliber sanitation hose.
What’s in it for you? The hose’s shell cover consists of robust and weightless polyurethane material. There are times when installation becomes burdensome because of marine sanitation hose fittings. Luckily, the combination of rubber and poly technology makes this hose adaptable to any plumbing fittings.
Its inner tube is composed of smooth white neoprene with two textile fabric plies. The two ensure unparalleled protection from various waste odors of salt waters. It comes with a reinforced steel wire that can defy high water pressures. Plus, it includes a vacuum rating range of 28.
- High-caliber and rigid construction with a lifetime warranty for odor permeation
- A sturdy combination of rubber and polyurethane technology
- Adaptable to any plumbing fittings
- The inner tube is made in dual textile fabric plies for sewage odor removal.
- Includes reinforced steel wire that ensures stability
- Comes with a 28 vacuum rating power
- California Proposition 65, not advisable for potable water fill
6. Sierra International 116-149-1186 Livewell Hose
Sierra International has made its hoses popular by producing heavy-duty quality sanitation hoses that incorporate a hardwearing design that redefines how we value watercraft in our way of life. Likewise, this substantially made hose encapsulates a sleek vinyl helix structure that increases extreme functionality over time.
This marine sanitation hose is famous for its discharging ability. Its outer cover design makes it easier for underneath installation, and its inner tube layering is impervious to permeation.
Its lightweight body and extensive build length make a sterling performance in bilge pump discharge, draining lines, and intake and vents for sanitary measures. Aside from its profound characteristics, I am also pleased with its technically improved design. You have much control over piecing it together with your desired location.
For instance, if your live well drains and fill line pipes are near your fuel tank area, this hose is a smart solution for that. You wouldn’t have to repair anything on your deck for is full occupancy.
This hose is a heavy-duty marine hose for any marine applications, I must say. Since it incorporates maximum resistance to abrasion and chemicals, you don’t need to do a regular manual check for leakage or breakage. I also like that there’s a 3/4 marine sanitation hose version of this hose for bilges.
- It comes with a heavy-duty vinyl helix construction.
- Ideal to use for discharging bilges, draining lines, and live wells
- Inner tube layering is impervious to permeation.
- Perfect for underneath installations setups
- Has maximum resistance to abrasions and chemicals
- Under California’s Proposition 65 label
- Not applicable to potable water
7. Shields 10997 -8109101 Boat Sanitation Hose
This highly competitive hose from Shields Marine comes with an indestructible design of EPDM rubber tube and cover. You can expect a diverse performance in this hose. It comes with a reinforced steel wire and fabric plies that flaunt rigidness and flexibility in everyday marine activities.
Whether you are installing the draining system of your newly bought toilet for your boat, reorganizing your fill lines, and replacing your holding tank’s plumbing pipes, this hose always got your back. This particular hose is incredible in fixing your intricate network of water systems.
Some hoses have specific limitations to their holding capacity. They may not always control the surge of different strains of chemicals and oil. But this hose is quite impeccable with these situations. The mid layering tube is composed of unique textiles that can resist strong foul odors from sewage and saltwater chemicals.
It has impressive compactness that makes bending a little bit tough. When it comes to overcoming water pressure, it can hold up pretty well compared to the other brands with the same ability that offers outrageous price points.
- Comes with a durable EPDM rubber cover
- Has a reinforced wire inner tube enhancing flexibility
- Ideal for fixing the intricate water system
- Can be used as toilet waste hose, holding tank, and fill lines
- Exceptional performance in resisting saltwater odor and chemicals
- Bending can be a little tough.
- No installation manual
This hose is a mere example of eccentricity in the field of marine. If you are on a tight budget for a sanitation hose that is up to par, this could be a long-lasting solution to your recurring boat issues. This hose is one of the most cleverly engineered design marine sanitation hoses in the market.
8. Raritan Saniflex Sanitation Hose
There are bunches of protection a sanitation hose can offer more than just submitting to repel an odor permeation problem. Raritan marine sanitation hose of this kind gives off an entirely insane package of convenience.
This 1.2-inch sanitation hose is simply excellent in having a lightweight and compressed body that is easy to assemble. This model is soft and supple, which is why it is famous for casual to professional boaters.
If you are in a hunt for a low maintenance hose that doesn’t easily wear out before your boat does, this is the most durable and portable hose that meets you halfway with your boating demands and necessities.
It boasts an unrivaled flexible bend radius that is pliable and maneuverable. Therefore, you can adjust it based on your installation preference. Plus, this hose is one of the best seller’s marine sanitation hose for odor permeation.
It unveils a visible marine-grade quality through its reinforced double steel wire that requires less force to bend. It is bendable, but it doesn’t crimp easily- perfect with any application procedure on your boat.
Additionally, this hose is carefully crafted in a superb synthetic textile yarn that intensifies guaranteed durability and mighty performance that sweeps the lingering smell and effluents away from the engine.
- Has a lightweight and compressed body, making easy installation
- Low maintenance hose with a flexible bend radius
- Marine-grade hose with excellent impermeability
- Comes with superb synthetic textile yarn
- Displays durability and mighty performance terminating odor permeation
- It gets out of stock most of the time.
9. Trident Marine 102 – 1124 Sanitation Hose
If you love Trident series 148 multipurpose vinyl hose, you’ll surely love this 102 series from them.
This 2 inch marine sanitation hose provides one hell of a ride experience for seafarers. The wall thickness of this hose is sturdy and long-enduring. This hose features durable premium EPDM rubber sheets that have outstanding resistance to weather and heat.
Moreover, this hose has tremendous usage when it comes to draining capacity. Since it includes a robust helix wire that is consistently flexible despite having a firm structure, you can bend it down a bit. Surprisingly it is super adjustable enough for head installation.
This hose has a generous amount of power in containing waste odors. Its full rubber design exhibits a heavily-built wall halting the outpouring of sewage residues. Hence, this white sanitation hose is undeniably tough against odor permeation.
It is designed with a maximum of 60 psi water pressure. Additionally, This hose is commonly used by boaters for their boat heads for direct discharges. It does its job magnificently. You don’t need to use a lubricant on this one since the fittings slide immediately.
- Includes thickened wall with long-enduring EPDM rubber.
- Comes with ultra-durable helix wire
- Flexible despite having a hard-shelled coverage
- Extremely adjustable, ideal for head pump-out
- Full rubber design with incomparable odor permeation defense
- Covered with 60 psi maximum water pressure
- Not compatible with barbed fittings
10. Sierra 116 – 149 – 0346BX Livewell Hose
This hose exudes an “all eyes on me” aura since its sleek vinyl covered body is radiant and well-engineered from the naked eye. It managed to establish an economically influential hose figure that works expertly in the underneath water cable system.
This is not the typical hose that doesn’t only offer you to get rid of the rotten egg-like smell of your boat. It encompasses a full vacuum rating. The hose is covered in all-black vinyl helix, and it is noteworthy that this hose can repel chemicals and saltwater. Draining your holding tanks and heads will be a lot easier with this fantastic hose.
Bending does not get you to work out strenuously since it has a bend radius flexibility of 1. Though it may be quite a smaller range than the other hoses with the same material, it performs well in bilge pump intakes, live wells, sanitation intake and vents, and even sinks, showers, and scupper.
Since it has a not so big bend radius capacity, forcibly bending the hose in exceeding the limit could potentially damage it. Hence, its lifespan decreases, and that’s where a premature hose failure condition begins.
- Well-engineered modern hose suitable in underneath water system
- Boasting full vacuum rating
- Made in all-back sturdy vinyl helix
- Multipurpose hose: bilge intake/pump out, live wells, intakes, and vents
- Can repel chemical and saltwater
- Affordable hose with superior performance
- The bending radius is a bit smaller than other hoses at the same price point.
When deciding what type of hose to buy for your boat, it is always essential to inspect its overall specifications. Always look for ID (Inside Diameter), length, vacuum rating, bend radius, and materials used. In this case, you could evaluate if a particular brand of your choice has an ample amount of functions that meet your requirements for your boat.
Failing to do so will result to inaccuracy. For example, you want a sanitation hose for bilge pump yet you just bought a hose in a whim, you would never achieve an efficient performance. Bilge pumps need excellent flexibility in hoses to be able to resist chemicals completely. Hence, it is imperative to know what hoses are good for what kind of services.
How to Bend Marine Sanitation Hose
The primary remedy to inelastic hoses is to soak them in hot water and let the tube expand its texture for a good minute until it becomes pliable enough for use. For rubber hoses, oil can also be applied to lessen their density.
Upon doing the said procedure, you would need to detach the fittings and allow the hose to “breathe.” After then, the tension built inside the hose shrinks, and it can be bendable afterward. Not all hoses are ultra-flexible. Hence it is crucial to check on the bend radius before purchasing.
Care and Maintenance
There are multiple ways to make your boat’s sanitation hose last. The golden rule is to avoid doing all the “don’ts” in your hose. For example, you have an EPDM made rubber sanitation hose that is eminent for its durability under all weather conditions.
However, its weakest point is a long exposure to oils, gasoline, and other acidic solvents. Therefore, never purchase that kind of hose if you are a boater with urgent needs of adhering to fishing or marine technology industry operation.
If you are a casual boater who rides a boat for a thrilling adventure, then an EPDM hose should suffice that need. Always remember to check on the materials of the hose. Do a little research and make it a habit to buy a hose that complements your abiding requirements.
Marine sanitation hoses aren’t just a piece of utility boat hardware. It plays a vital role in maintaining a steady hydraulic system of our boat and keeping us safe and sound under the untamed waves of the sea.
They serve as the “cells at work” in eradicating any of your boating problems. A stinky head combined with a defective engine requires a lot of work; Not unless you decide to facilitate your boat’s preservation routines with the best marine sanitation hose in town.
I am passionate about water sports and technical fields, so combining both makes me interested in making contents about boat accessories. With my partner, we went on many trips and sports games together, which led us to think about how we can spread our joys and passions to many people.